Test Facilities/Expert Available
There are following laboratories under Research Directorate having facilities for various trials & tests Electronic Laboratory:
The main activities of this lab include:
- Development of various types of transducers required for trails and testing.
- Providing full instrumentation support to various directories of RDSO with qualified Engineers for conduction various trials for improvement of tracks & running vehicles and for running high-speed trains.
- Repairs of Signal Conditioners, Oscillograph Recorders and various types of Transducers used for various trials by directorates of RDSO.
- Repairing & maintenance of Oscillation Monitoring systems (OMS 2000) of Indian Railways.
- Maintenance and Adjustment of Oscillograph Recorder Transducers.
- Development of Oscillation Monitoring system.
Vehicle Characterization Laboratory:
Following test facilities are available in this lab:
- Rotational Resistance Test with non-metallic CP liner in BOXN Wagon
- Evaluation of coefficient of friction at vehicle /rail contact surface
- Crash test on rolling stock at speeds upto 40 KMPH