Some of the milestones:
1.Job analysis of Station Masters, Switchmen, Locomotive Drivers and Motormen.
2.Standardization of personnel testing programmes for selection of Station Masters, Switchmen, Motormen and Locomotive Drivers including High Speed Train drivers.
3.Development of modular training programmes for Locomotive drivers.
4.Assessment of physiological and psychological work load on Locomotive drivers in relation to varying speed vis-a¬vis circadian variations for rationalization of duty hours and work-rest cycles
5.Personality studies of Staff involved in accidents.
6.Competency based placement of frontline commercial staff.
7.Study on causes of stress among operating categories of Staff (ASMs, Drivers and Switchmen), their relationship with performance and intervention techniques for control of stress.
8.Development of item bank of aptitude tests for recruitment of ASMs and Drivers.
9.Study on enhanced age of superannuation and its impact on the performance of drivers.
10.Study on relationship between written test and aptitude test result in respect of Assistant Station Masters and Assistant Loco Pilots.
11. Follow up study on the job performance of high speed drivers tested on computerized test battery.
12. Accident involved Assistant Station Masters’ correlation study: Field performance vs. Aptitude.
13. Preference for paper-pencil Vs computer aided tests and development of Computer aided Drivers’ Aptitude Test (CADAT).of ASMs and Asst. Drivers.
14. Enrichment of aptitude test battery for selection of driving staff.
15. Development of new tests of Memory, Following Directions, Perceptual speed, Concentration, Personality and Intelligence.
16. Development of module for sharpening of mental skills and aptitude of railway personnel.
17.Developing modules using psychometric techniques, alternate therapies, yoga- pranayam and psychological counselling for stress management on Indian Railways.
18. Field studies for identification of causative factors for accidents due to human failures including aptitude performance, aging and personal background.
19. R&D works in the field of Psycho-neural tendencies of Loco Pilots/Station Masters using equipments - Critical Flicker Fusion, Pullman Spiral, complex reaction time and speed anticipation tester to assess their performance.
20. Enrichment of railway website http://www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in for easy accessibility of the relevant information to all concerned including the candidates appearing for aptitude testing for their selection as safety category staff in Indian Railways.
21.Analysis of loco Pilots involved in signal passing at danger.
22.Aptitude testing of largest ever number of candidates in a year (over 70000) was conducted for their selection through all the 21 RRBs as Assistant Loco Pilots all over Indian Railways in record time of four and half month.
23.Consultancy to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Delhi, Metro One Operation Private Ltd., Mumbai, Delhi Airport Metro Express, Delhi, Rapid Metro, Gurgaon, Chennai Metro, Chennai, Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd, Navi Mumbai, Jaipur Metro etc. for selection of their train operating staff.
24.Testing of over 1400 Loco Pilots for their screening as High Speed train drivers on computer-aided Drivers’ Aptitude test (CADAT) in the Directorate since September 2006 for their deployment on high speed trains running over 110 Kmph including Rajdhani and Shatabdi. The CADAT testing has been started on Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Railways under technical guidance and control of the Directorate.